NAIROBI, 5 April, 2023: Winners of the 4th Quality Healthcare Kenyan Awards (QHKA) were honoured at a gala dinner held tonight at Radisson Blu Hotel.
Now in its fifth year and the first of its kind in Africa, the QHKA in partnership with key stakeholders and the Ministry of Health, recognises outstanding performance and highlights the impact of these contributions on the Kenyan health sector.
The health system strengthening initiative was mooted to improve standards of health service delivery by recognising outstanding performance, promoting a culture of continuous quality improvement, advocating for strong partnerships between health providers and users, fostering innovation and the use of information technology, and sharing best practices to encourage learning across the health sector.
A brainchild of Zawadi Brand Solutions Limited (ZBS Ltd), the QHKA also unites the public and private sector towards a common goal of quality people-centred care, creates a platform for collaboration, and elevates the patients’ voice.
The award programme inspires and incentivises healthcare providers to improve the standards of health service delivery for better and sustainable health outcomes for all.
Speaking at the gala event, Ministry of Health Cabinet Secretary Hon. Susan Nakhumicha Wafula said, it’s time to join hands and make the Universal Health Coverage commitment a reality. Our health professionals and health workforce at large should be ready to provide quality, people-centred care, and for the policy makers; it is time for us to deliver on our commitments and invest in UHC. I believe that the right to health is a basic human right.”
The CS further applauded the Quality Healthcare Kenyan Awards team for making use of the KQMH tool in assessment of the different facilities that participated in the awards and ensuring quality of health services is measured, monitored and continuously improved.
Guests also heard from the Senior Director Government Delivery Unit, Executive office of the President Dr. Njeri Mwaura, who said that all healthcare providers in public and private sectors should work together to ensure delivery of quality health services.
“We seek to improve the functions of the health system through innovative health systems strengthening interventions that lead to better health outcomes and efficiency” said Grace Ndegwa, Executive Director and Co-founder of the Quality Healthcare Kenyan Awards.
Winners of the Quality Healthcare Kenyan Awards 2023
- Award of Excellence in Improving Access to Primary Care Services – Likoni Sub County
- Award of Excellence in Advancing Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health – Likoni Sub County
- Award of excellence in Advancing Mental Health and Well-being – Chiromo Hospital Group
- Health Facility Innovation Project of the Year – Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
- Student Innovation Project of the Year – Daniel Waruingi, JKUAT
- Health Professional Achievement Award – Susan Atieno Onyango, Homa Bay County
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Dr. Betty Muthoni Gikonyo
- Use of Information Technology to Improve Patient Care – Bokole CDF Health Centre
- Award of Media Excellence in Promoting Health and Well-Being – Leon Lidigu, Nation Media Group
- Best Use of Social Media in Healthcare – NCDs 365 Project
- Healthcare Financing Innovation Award – Makueni County Government
- Healthcare Leadership Award – Dr. Washington Njogu Ngari
- County with the Best Managed Healthcare – Mombasa County Government
- Award of Excellence in Response to COVID19 – Kisauni and Nyali Sub Counties
- Award of Excellence in Advancing Environmental Sustainability in Healthcare – AAR Healthcare Kenya Limited
- People’s Choice Hospital of the Year Award – Ruai Family Hospital
Notes to Editor
About Quality Healthcare Kenyan Awards (QHKA)
Quality Healthcare Kenyan Awards (QHKA) is a health system strengthening initiative that has taken on the mantle of improving the standards of health service delivery and seeks to change the narrative and showcase the impact of positive contributions in the health sector for scalability, replicability, and sustainability.
For more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org, +254 731060164
Honoring excellence, celebrating innovation and positive contributions by individuals and organizations in health.