Kenya to Host Virtual Award Ceremony to Honour Healthcare Providers
Nairobi, 7 April 2021
: Selected hospitals, institutions, counties and individuals from across the country will be recognized for their outstanding performance, contributions and achievement in improving quality of healthcare through the second edition of the Quality Healthcare Kenyan Awards (QHKA).
The first of its kind in Kenya, QHKA seeks to award and honour excellence and innovation in the health sector for providing quality patient-centred care. Awards recipients will be recognized for their outstanding contributions to the Kenyan health sector during a virtual awards ceremony to be held on 7 April 2021.
“Providing a safe, efficient and quality health care services to all people are major prerequisite to achieving Universal Health Coverage (UHC). There is an urgent need to enhance Human Resources for Health at all levels of health facilities for the delivery of quality health services,” said Dr Meshack Ndirangu, Country Director, Amref Health Africa in Kenya.
QHKA is a brainchild of Zawadi Brand Solutions Limited (ZBS Ltd), which has been working in partnership with Amref Health Africa in Kenya to acknowledge exceptional performance and highlight impact of these contributions on the Kenyan health sector.
The QHKA Co-founder Ms. Grace Ndegwa commented: “The COVID-19 pandemic has made it evident that the health system needs to be strengthened in order to provide the highest attainable standards of healthcare for all citizens.”
The initiative takes a health systems strengthening approach to improve standards of health service delivery among health professionals by recognizing outstanding performance, fostering innovation and the use of information technology and sharing of best practices. The initiative also unites the public and private sectors towards a common by creating a platform for collaboration. The awards present an opportunity for citizens to make their voices heard, by demanding, that which is their right – the highest attainable standards of health care for all.
The QHKA was made possible through the support of Ministry of Health, Kenya Healthcare Federation and sponsors; Smile Train Africa, United Nation Population Fund (UNFPA), SafeCare, Safaricom and Dymind
The 2021 Quality Awards for Excellence in Healthcare Quality will be awarded in the following categories
- Award of Excellence in Response to COVID-19
- Award of Excellence in Improving Access to Primary Care services.
- Award of Excellence in Advancing Maternal and Child Health
- Health Facility Innovation Project of the Year
- Student Innovation Project of the Year
- Lifetime Achievement Award
- Use of Information Technology to improve Patient Care
- Best Use of Social Media in Healthcare
- Award of Excellence in Improving Access to Essential Medicines and Health Products
- Healthcare Financing Innovation Award
- Health Leadership Award
- County with the best Managed Healthcare
People’s Choice Category
The virtual award ceremony will be streamed via;
- Private Hospital of Choice
- Public Hospital of Choice
- Faith Based/Mission Hospital of Choice